Facility Protection Chicago
Chicago a large city with many threats to the security of buildings, personnel, and assets. Criminal activity has been a concern for years and is only increasing. Additionally, terrorist activities are becoming a greater reality and 9/11 changed the way Chicago facilities viewed their security focusing more on security concerns and building security. Traditionally, theft and criminal activities were the major concern and still play a large part. Stopping the next break-in or protecting personnel and visitors was the priority and still is. However, the level of exterior security protection required raising and improvement to become a higher priority. Vehicles increasing in size and frequency as the weapon of choice is on the rise. To counter the rise in threats and probable risks, to Chicago properties, security departments upgraded their physical security, Chicago businesses, building owners, and building security managers have looked to BBRSS, for our unmatched physical security products and expertise, to intensify their facility protection. You can too! (800)367-0387
What is Physical Security?
Physical security is identified as the tactical designing and implementing of security procedures to deny unauthorized admission to facilities, equipment and resources and protecting personnel and property from resulting damage or harm. Protection from threats and criminal activities, such as terrorist attacks, theft, and espionage.
What is Chicago Facility Protection?
Facility protection, for Chicago, is the comprehensive plan comprised of personnel and physical security to install and maintain protection for a facility, building, or structure. Facility protection is multifaceted, detailed, and unique to the building, facility, structure, park, arena, stadium, etc. it is meant to protect. Chicago tends to add additional layers of unique security considerations not required by other large metropolitan areas.
Facility Protection Considerations
During the design and implantation of a facility protection plan, the understanding of threat vectors, vulnerabilities, and mitigation plans cannot be understated. From the start, a building can be specifically designed for security by methods such as planning and limiting the number and location of entrances and by vigilant attention to exits, traffic patterns, and loading docks.
- Products: Security products need to be chosen for a specific function. Products such as bollards, crash gates, and multiple types of barriers are designed to prevent access by unauthorized individuals, while protecting personnel, visitors, and assets.
- People and Training: Guards and officers serve as the frontline and training in security protocols as well as identifying suspicious behavior is extremely important. Training should include the operation of specific physical security products installed.
- Intelligence: Understand and identify the threats to the area, building, and people in it.
- Technology: New technologies can provide threat prevention beyond the capabilities of guards to significantly improve security operations.
- Processes and Protocols: When new threats emerge, processes and protocols must be tailored to ensure security layers are properly deployed throughout a venue.
Once every important consideration has been completely examined, the Chicago Facility Protection process becomes streamlined. Examine your plan. Consider Scenarios. Consult with BBRSS experts to determine the best product for the function determined. Install. Maintain and Service as Needed. The facility protection, for your Chicago facility, should not to be taken lightly. Improve your physical security plan today with products from BBRSS designed for protection, quality installation, and industry best and leading service and support.
To get started, contact BBRSS at (800)367-0387 or complete our easy contact form.