Facility Protection Dallas
Dallas has many intrinsic risks and threats to the security of structures, personnel, and assets. The dastardly acts on 9/11 forever changed how Dallas facilities viewed security focusing more on security concerns and building protection. Formerly, theft and criminal activities were the major concern. They still are a concern but at a lesser extent. Yet, the increase in the level of exterior security protection became much more fundamental resulting updates and improvement. Vehicles have increased in size and frequency as a weapon of choice for criminals and terrorists alike. To counteract the rise in threats and probable hazards, to Dallas properties, security departments upgraded their physical security, Dallas businesses, building owners, and building security managers have looked to BBRSS, for our unequaled physical security products and expertise, to intensify their facility protection. You can too! (800)367-0387
What is Physical Security?
Physical security is categorized as the strategic designing and implementation of security procedures and protocols to deny unauthorized entry to facilities, equipment and resources and protecting personnel and property from damage or harm. Protection from threats and criminal activities, such as terrorist attacks, theft, and espionage.
What is Dallas Facility Protection?
Facility protection, for Dallas, is the complete development of a plan comprised of personnel and physical security to install and maintain protection for a facility, building, or structure. Facility protection is multidimensional, detailed, and specific to the building, facility, structure, park, arena, stadium, etc. it is meant to protect. Dallas is inclined to add additional layers of unique security considerations not required by other large metropolitan areas.
Facility Protection Considerations
Throughout the design and implantation of a facility protection plan, the understanding of threat vectors, vulnerabilities, and mitigation plans cannot be minimized. From the start, a building can be precisely designed for security by methods such as planning and limiting the number and location of entrances and by vigilant attention to exits, traffic patterns, and loading docks.
- Products: Security products need to be chosen for a specific function. Products such as bollards, crash gates, and multiple types of barriers are designed to prevent access by unauthorized individuals, while protecting personnel, visitors, and assets.
- People and Training: Guards and officers serve as the frontline and training in security protocols as well as identifying suspicious behavior is extremely important. Training should include the operation of specific physical security products installed.
- Intelligence: Understand and identify the threats to the area, building, and people in it.
- Processes and Protocols: When new threats emerge, processes and protocols must be tailored to ensure security layers are properly deployed throughout a venue.
- Technology: New technologies can provide threat prevention beyond the capabilities of guards to significantly improve security operations.
After examining every consideration above, the Dallas Facility Protection process becomes streamlined. Examine your plan. Consider Scenarios. Consult with BBRSS experts to determine the best product for the function determined. Install. Maintain and Service as Needed. The facility protection, for your Dallas facility, should not to be taken lightly. Improve your physical security plan today with products from BBRSS designed for protection, quality installation, and industry best and leading service and support.
To get started, contact BBRSS at (800)367-0387 or complete our easy contact form.