The table below provides guidance on identifying and correcting any problems with your LXL Series gate operator. Please refer to the HPU O&M manual for more detailed troubleshooting guides referring to the pumping unit. If you encounter problems that you cannot fix, contact B&B ARMR and we will gladly work with you to correct them.
|Gate operator does not respond when commanded||1. Check CONN 9 for power when command is given.|
2. Check overload protector.
3. Check PLC output.
4. Check that safeties are clear, and that IR Beams are aligned.
5. Check PLC input.
|Gate operator drives the gate in the incorrect direction||1. Refer to step 4.9 of Installing and Programming the LXL Operator for setting the handing.|
2. Refer to step 4.4 of Installing and Programming the LXL Operator to check for correct installation of the Limit Switch Plates.
|Operator drives gate too slowly.||1. Check for any binding of the gate.|
2. Check for slippage of the drive wheels.
3. Check the fluid level in the reservoir.
|Date and time flash on the PLC||1. Refer to step 4.10 of Installing and Programming the LXL Operator for setting the date and time.|
|Gate does not stop automatically when encountering an obstacle||1. Refer to step 4.14 of Installing and Programming the LXL Operator for setting the Inherent Safety.|
2. Check for system pressure on Inherent Safety screen of the PLC, if no reading is evident while gate is running suspect a faulty pressure transducer.
|Operator drive wheels slip on gate and gate does not move||1. Check for binding by disengaging the drive wheels, and ensuring that the gate rides smoothly manually.|
2. Check the tension of the drive wheels, adjust as needed.
3. Check for any water or precipitation on the drive rail.
|Fuses are blowing||1. Check for incorrect incoming power to the LXL board|
2. Ensure all external devices are sending the correct voltage to the LXL board, and that there are no shorts